Wednesday 22 September 2010

On Blogs.

My first real lecture was about how to set up a blog. I would have found this substantially more interesting if I hadn’t been writing a blog for nearly the past 100 days now. We were asked to use Blogger, a platform which I haven’t used for years. I first used Blogger when I was new to the concept of the Internet itself, and back then it felt stale.

As it turns out, my blogging prejudices were somewhat unfounded. In the many years since I last used Blogger, it has changed quite drastically, yet still retained the basic layout that I remember ever so faintly, and because the interface had changed, I have been effectively learning to use a new website.

Like when I signed up for Facebook, or Twitter, it was initially daunting, but spending an hour or so exploring all the settings and the workings of the site, I felt accustomed to it. I even managed to set up an RSS feed an link it to my twitter account, so (hopefully) anything I post should appear on my feed. I still prefer Tumblr, naturally, as I am more used to it, and I still feel it is more accessible and customisable than any other blogging website I have seen.

That said, this is my course blog, so I feel obliged to provide it with a regular stream (or a trickle, at least) of content. Though, it won't be as regular as my daily blog, I will attempt to post any work I feel is relevant here.

No comments:

Post a Comment